About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, May 5, 2012

VERY DECADENT DARK CACAO MILKSHAKE recipe

You can use carob powder instead of cacao if you like. I use mostly carob with a little organic raw cacao.  This recipe is really more of a pudding consistency, so if you want a drink then just add more almond milk.
Miriam


Very Decadent Dark Cacao Milkshake

VERY DECADENT DARK CACAO MILKSHAKE
In blender place
1 cup almond milk (recipe below)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ vanilla bean, vanilla powder
2 avocados
½ scant cup agave, stevia (to taste), or sweetener of choice, including dates or raisins
½ cup raw cacao powder
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon
Blend, scraping sides with blender tamper. If you don’t have a tamper, shut off blender and scrap down sides with a spatula. Blend until smooth and thick. Add 1 cup of ice and blend again. Taste for sweetness and chill. Add more sweetener, or ice as desired. I like mine very thick, if you don’t, thin with a little more almond milk. Pour into a tall glass and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, pecans or nuts of choice. Pop in a straw and sip away.
Almond Milk recipe
Soak 1 generous cup of almonds in pure water overnight. Drain and rinse. Place in blender with 3 1/2 cups of pure water, 2 pitted medjool dates, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Blend until very smooth. Strain through nut filter bag of paint strainer bag, (you can find both of these in my “shop” on the menu bar of my home page). Squeeze the almond milk into a bowl. Save the pulp for other dishes (check out my Favorite Cookie recipe).
YOU CAN WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR THE DECADENT DARK CACAO MILKSHAKE AND ALMOND MILK DEMONSTRATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment