About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, May 28, 2012

Kitchen Sink Raw Cookies recipe


Kitchen Sink Raw Cookies

by SUSAN on FEBRUARY 7, 2012
Sometimes I just want a bite of something sweet. But I still want it to be healthy, quick and easy. People call these “kitchen sink” cookies (everything but the kitchen sink) or “dump” cookies (you just dump stuff in them), but what ever you want to call them, they are great. Requiring no dehydrator or equipment other than a bowl, spoon and measuring cups to make, they are a fast way to throw together a snack that satisfies both your sweet tooth and your nutritional needs. 
I started with a ganach base made with a little more coconut oil for setting up. Then the fun happens. You just throw in your favorite ingredients. I picked pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds for protein and nutrients, then threw in raw oats and coconut for more nutrients and texture. I love the addition of dried fruit and used golden raisins. You easily could substitute with goji berries or dried cranberries. 
Have fun and go wild with your choices! 
Kitchen Sink Cookies
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
  • 1/3 cup raw, organic agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 cup raw, flaked oats
  • 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • Himalayan salt (just a sprinkle)
1. Whisk together coconut oil, cacao powder and agave.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Form into golf ball-sized balls and place on parchment paper. 
4. Chill until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment