About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Raw Onion Crackers recipe


Raw Onion Crackers



Raw Onion Crackers
Onion Crackers
Makes approx 50 crackers (go to youtube to see my onion cracker recipe video demonstration)
2 cups almond pulp, wet from making almond milk
½ cup sweet onion, very finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup light color flax seed, ground very fine in a coffee grinder or spice mill
(in my video I used whole flax seed as I forgot to grind them for my demonstration, but I recommend grinding as whole seeds do not bind as well. if you use whole seeds, you should soak them 5-6 hours so they become gelatinous)
6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
A dash of Braggs Aminos, gluten free Tamari or Nama Shoyu
Himalayan salt to taste
Water as needed 1/4-1/2 cups
Soak 1½ cups of almonds in water overnight. Strain, add to your blender with 4 cups spring water, 2 dates and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Blend until very smooth. Strain through a nut filter bag, but don’t get out every drop, leave a little moisture in the pulp. Refrigerate the almond milk and use the pulp for the crackers. Will yield about 2 loose cups.
Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend very well until everything is incorporated, adding water as needed.
Place a small amount into your palm and roll into a ball. Place on non-stick dehydrator sheet and press down to make the cracker thin. Make them the size you best prefer. Continue until all mixture is used. I think of them as potato chip size.
Dehydrate at 105 for 8 hours and then flip over and remove the non-stick sheet, leaving the cracker on the mesh screen. Dehydrate another 6-8 hours until the cracker is dry and crispy.
Depending on the dampness of the mix, dehydration time may vary, so check after
4–5 hours to see when to transfer onto the mesh screen. Finished crackers will be dry and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment