About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Black Bean and Millet Salad recipe


Black Bean and Millet Salad. Photo by Prose

Yum! I made this last night on a whim after googling millet and black bean recipes bcs I wanted to use them both. I often google recipes with the ingredients I have on hand and end up with great recipes. I didn't think that my kids would eat this, but they actually did. I think the fact that dad was home and did a great selling job on it made the difference though! The raw onions are a bit strong for the smaller kids so you may want to lightly saute them first. I liked them raw though. I did not add the parsley or cilantro this time but I will next time. I also did not put it on lettuce like in the photo due to time constraints; we just served it right from the bowl.

Miriam

Black Bean and Millet Salad





Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/black-bean-and-millet-salad-146049#ixzz1uO0pBAci

Ingredients:

Servings:

6
Units: US | Metric

Dressing

Directions:


  1. 1
    Cook the millet in 2 cups of water until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. adding more hot water if needed. Fluff with fork and allow to steam and cool.
  2. 2
    In a large bowl, combine millet, black beans, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber and onion.
  3. 3
    Mix all dressing ingredients until well blended and pour over the salad, tossing to blend.
  4. 4
    Cover and refrigerate until the salad is well chilled.
  5. 5
    Serve on lettuce leaves or stuff into pita bread or wrap in a tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment