About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, December 15, 2014

Vegan, raw Key Lime Pie recipe (dairy, gluten, egg, refined sugar, and soy free)

Raw Nut Pie Crust Ingredients:

1 cup almonds
1 cup pecans (or walnuts)
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp lime zest
¼ “piece of vanilla bean OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
Blend in food processor until combined. Press into bottom and sides of pan. When finished put in the fridge till ready to fill.

Filling 
Ingredients:

3 medium avocados (peeled & pitted)
1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
1 teaspoon lime zest
½ cup raw unfiltered honey or agave nectar
¼ cup organic coconut oil
¼ of fresh vanilla bean or 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt


Directions:

Place all ingredients into Blendtec, Vita Mix, or other powerful blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into crust and freeze for 3-4 hours.


Topping:

I used this recipe for the topping:
http://tasty-yummies.com/2014/03/04/make-whipped-coconut-cream/






No comments:

Post a Comment