Just make sure to buy organic, fine ground cornmeal or regrind it yourself till it's powdery.
I used organic coconut palm sugar as my sweetener.
Combine dry ingredients:
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend (I get mine at Trader Joe’s. It’s a blend of brown rice glower, potato starch, rice flour, and tapioca flour.)
- 2 T sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- slightly less than 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1T distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 c palm shortening or coconut oil
- additional 1/4 c of coconut milk
For a more moist, super yummy muffin, add "some" of this delicious creamed corn:
Note: I left out the pepper and cheese. I used coconut cream instead of heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk instead of whole milk. For the sugar I used coconut palm sugar. I also used my gluten free flour mix instead of regular all purpose flour. I made it in the rice cooker instead of on the stove. After about 10 minutes I switched it from "on" to "warm" and let it sit for a while till the liquid reduced.