About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, December 29, 2014

Vegan Baked Beans recipe in rice cooker (dairy, gluten, egg, soy, and refined sugar free)

Delicious! I'm not even a fan of baked beans, but I love these! Since it was my first time making these, I only used half the recipe with beans that I had previously cooked.

Serves 6ish
4 cans navy beans or 3 cups dried beans cooked
Coconut oil for sautéing
1 large yellow onion, cut into medium dice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ketchup (Organicville has no refined sugar)
1/2 cup molasses
2 TBS coconut palm sugar
2 TBS maple syrup
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup yellow mustard or 1 tsp ground mustard 
2 tsp Colgin liquid smoke
2 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste

If you are using dried beans, soak them overnight and then boil until tender, 3-4 hours. For canned beans, simply read on.

Turn rice cooker to "on" setting and add coconut oil. Add onions to rice cooker and cook until they begin to soften, then add the garlic, stirring well.  Be careful that your garlic does not burn. Add the ketchup, molasses, sugar, syrup, broth, vinegar, mustard, and liquid smoke.  Stir to combine.  Add the beans. Season with salt and pepper.  Close the cooker. Stir occasionally. Allow to cook until the sauce has reduced to a delicious thick coating on the beans and the beans are soft.  Taste after about 1/2 hour to check the seasoning.  You might find you need a little more broth, vinegar, sugar, or molasses.  Adjust as necessary and continue cooking, tasting every 15 minutes or so.  Remember your flavors are going to concentrate as the mixture cooks down, so use a restrained hand when cooking. 
P.S. Use as many organic ingredients as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment