About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, December 15, 2014

Gluten-free Chicken-optional Pot Pie rice cooker recipe (dairy, gluten, egg, refined sugar, and soy free)

This is so easy and yummy! My oldest daughter is a huge chicken pot pie lover and thinks this is fabulous! She says that the pie crust isn't even necessary because the filling is so good.

Filling recipe:
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients

    1/4 C onion, diced
    1/4 C green pepper, diced
    A little olive oil
    1 - 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
    2 C cooked chicken breast
    2 C frozen corn
    2 - 10.5 oz. cans cream of potato soup
    1 C milk, 1%
    2 C frozen peas & carrots
    2 teaspoons black pepper
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=867218


My changes:
I use organic creamy potato leek soup instead of regular cream of potato soup. I've also done it with my own organic potatoes chopped small and organic coconut milk.

The last time I made this I added 1/3 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix for thickening.

I've also made this with frozen organic veggie blend that contains carrots, corn, green beans, and green peas. If you do that just use an equal number of cups as listed in the recipe for the individual veggies.

I don't use green pepper in mine since my kids aren't fans but add a little minced garlic.

I don't use a lot of black pepper; I just use salt and pepper to taste.

I use organic coconut oil instead of olive oil.

To make this vegan, leave out the chicken and use vegetable broth. It's great with just veggies.

For the crust use this recipe if you need gluten-free (use a large pie pan since you will have lots of filling available):
http://www.allergyfreealaska.com/2013/11/04/perfect-gluten-free-pie-crust-pastry-vegan/



No comments:

Post a Comment