About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Friday, July 23, 2010

Pecan Rice Dish Recipe

Pecan Rice Dish

1-1/2 cups organic brown or Basmati rice
1/2 cup pecans
1-1/2 cups celery (optional)
6-8 green onions with tops or 1/4 cup red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow or orange pepper
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 can black beans (16 oz.), rinsed and drained (optional)

Cook the rice 45 minutes in three cups distilled water seasoned with one teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt.

Chop onions, pecans, celery, peppers, and onions. Cut marinated artichoke hearts into bite-sized chunks and include oil and seasonings. Add to cooked rice and mix well.

Notes:
This is a recipe I found on the Hallelujah Diet website that was submitted by someone. What a great way to get in some raw veggies in a delicious hot dish!

Changes:
I used my own crock-pot black bean recipe and my rice cooker brown rice recipe.

I added the black beans over the top of the rice dish right before serving; however, the rice dish is great by itself too.

Yummy!

Enjoy!
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment