About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Friday, July 23, 2010

Killer Hummus Recipe

Note: This is outrageously good even though I don't normally like anything spicy! I think the recipe could use a bit less cumin and garlic and some added sea salt though.
I found this by Googling vegan hummus. If you use canned beans make sure they are organic. I cooked a bag of dried beans (16 oz) that had been soaked overnight. I scooped out the cups requested below, along with some of the liquid, and saved the rest for other recipes. I actually add some of the extra beans to my salad for a yummy boost.
Great for dipping raw veggies like celery, carrots, etc. (this is what motivated me to make it). We all need to eat more raw veggies. Thanks Pam for that idea!
Miriam

Killer Hummus

Submitted by Anonymous

Ingredients:
· 4 cups (approx. 3 cans) garbanzo beans. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
· 1 cup ground sesame seeds
· 6-8 cloves garlic-minced
· ¾ cup lemon juice
· 3 tablespoons Tamari (soy sauce)
· 2 tablespoons ground cumin
· ¼ teaspoon red pepper
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· ¼ cup dried parsley

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Add additional liquid from garbanzo beans as desired to arrive at a spreading consistency. Best when chilled and covered overnight.

Excellent on crackers, tortilla chips, and even toast!

Comments: Can be made in advance and frozen for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment