About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicken Salad Surprise recipe (vegan)

Note:
I made this tonight! I really liked it, and my 10 yr old actually had seconds! My 6 yr old would not even try it just bcs she knew it was healthy....arghhhhh! We put it inside 100% whole grain pita pockets. It could maybe work for dipping chips or crackers also.
Miriam

Chicken Salad Surprise

Submitted By: Health News Magazine #68

Who needs chicken salad when you've got this? Make this mixture the day before a party, then let the flavors mingle overnight in the refrigerator and spread it on sandwich bread before the main event! Perfect with Hallelujah Acres Kale Chips.

Ingredients

Vegetable Ingredients
½ large red bell pepper minced (remove seeds and stem)
1 cup minced purple onion
1 carrot, peeled, ground into tiny pieces with the S blade of the food processor
¾ cup broccoli, chopped fine with the S blade of the food processor

Spread Ingredients
2-4 Tbsp water, only as needed
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups walnuts soaked overnight, soak water discarded
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp dried dill weed
1-2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (for binding)

Directions
Place vegetable ingredients in a bowl.
In food processor, add walnuts, 2 Tbsp water, dill weed, salt and lemon juice. Blend until creamy, adding more water only if needed.
As walnut mixture blends, stop the processor several times to push down the mixture that has crept up the sides of the bowl using a spoon or spatula.
Pour walnut mixture into the vegetable mixture. Stir well.
Ensure the mixture can spread on sandwich bread without falling apart.
To insure binding, add 1 Tbsp ground flax seed and mix well.

http://www.hacres.com/recipes/cards/vegetable-walnut-spread-finger-sandwiches/?utm_source=Weekly%2BTheme&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2012-03-08&utm_campaign=Recipes&utm_term=Image

No comments:

Post a Comment