About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mexican Black Bean Spaghetti recipe (gluten, dairy, egg, soy, and sugar free)

I just recently heard of black bean spaghettie. I'm so excited to find such an amazingly high protein vegan product at 25 grams of protein per 2 oz serving! This will be a new regular. I buy it online, here (http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=90197996). If you set up a customer account using that code, you get $10 off your first order. You might also find it at health food stores.

I used Culantro instead of Cilantro because I like it much better. I also used vegan sour cream. I did not use JalapeƱo peppers. For the cheese you can use Daiya Cheddar Shreds to keep it vegan. You can also omit the butter to keep it vegan or use clarified butter or olive oil.

I also use crushed fresh garlic instead of garlic salt and raw organic corn when available instead of cooked (if raw not available, I use Westbrae organic canned corn in a BPA free can). For the hot sauce I use salsa verde (Tomatillos). I also add chopped red pepper to the dish, sea salt, and black pepper.










Ingredients

  • Sea salt
  • 2 ounces black bean spaghetti
  • 1/2 cup cooked corn
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 fresh lime, cut into wedges
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
  • Garlic salt (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 thin slices avocado
  • 1 plum tomato, diced
  • 1/3 jalapeno pepper, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
  • Hot sauce or cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)

Directions

  1. Add 1 pinch sea salt to 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and reduce heat to low. Let simmer about 8 minutes or until cooked to desired.
  2. Combine corn, butter, 1 wedge of lime juice, cilantro, and garlic salt to taste, if desired.
  3. Drain pasta and top with cheddar. Add avocado, corn mixture, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Add 1 more squeeze lime juice and top with Greek yogurt, green onions, hot sauce, and extra cilantro, if desired.

Note

  • Recipe provided by Jennifer Salzano-Sites of The 3volution of j3nn

Nutrition Information

Per serving: 409 kcal cal., 14 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 44 g carb., 18 g fiber, 33 g pro., 241 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet


http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/mexican-black-bean-spaghetti



No comments:

Post a Comment