About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sweet Sesame-Lime Cabbage Salad recipe (gluten, dairy, egg, soy, and refined sugar free)

Just made this for the first time. Loved it!

I used Culantro instead of Cilantro. I didn't have any shallots on hand so I omitted those, and it was still fine.

Note from website:

What I especially love about shredded cabbage salads, is how well they hold up after being tossed with dressing. This salad makes the perfect packed lunch for school or work, and will actually get better as it marinates! If you make a large batch over the weekend, you’ll have a prepared salad ready to grab for the next few days!
— Sweet Sesame-Lime Cabbage Salad
serves 2-4
Adapted from Ani Phyo
Ingredients:
For the salad:
12 oz. shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
For the dressing:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons diced shallot
2 tablespoons raw honey, or to taste
1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil, or to taste
Directions:
Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Adjust flavors to taste. (I only used 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in my dressing, but feel free to increase the amount for a stronger sesame flavor. A little goes a long way!)
Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well with the prepared dressing. (I like to shake it together in a sealed glass tupperware.) Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
http://detoxinista.com/2013/05/sweet-sesame-lime-cabbage-salad/


No comments:

Post a Comment