About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Vegan, Gluten-Free Pancake / Waffle recipe (gluten, dairy, egg, soy, and refined sugar free)

It has been a huge challenge finding a recipe that my kids like and that works without sticking to the waffle maker or pan. I came up with this one after trying bunches of others.

I really would love to get almond and/or coconut flour to work because they are low carb and grain free, but that has yet to happen. They stick to the waffle maker and are impossible to flip in a pan without falling apart. You can try using some in this recipe along with the other flours and see if it works for you. Let me know if it does!

Ingredients:
1 cup Wholesome Chow Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Mix (it's vegan and sugar free, yay!)
1 cup organic gluten free flour (sorghum, quinoa, millet, or combo)
2 TBS organic coconut palm sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or original)
1/2 cup canned organic coconut milk
2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
2 TBS organic Grapeseed oil
1 TBS organic agave or maple syrup (optional)

Instructions: 

Blend the milks and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.

Preheat waffle maker or griddle.

Blend all dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon or whisk.
Whisk together all wet ingredients.
Blend wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Spray heated waffle maker or griddle with organic coconut non-stick cooking spray.

This works easily in a waffle maker set just above medium heat. Makes 4 large waffles or 5 medium size.

Pancakes will take about 3 minutes on each side. I suggest using a large griddle or plan to spend a lot of time at the stove.

Tip:
To save time when cooking these, pre-mix the dry ingredients and store them in an airtight container so that you only have to add the wet ingredients while the waffle iron is preheating.




No comments:

Post a Comment