About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Veggetti Cucumber salad recipe (raw / vegan and dairy, gluten, egg, soy, and refined sugar free)

This is a healthier variation of the recipe in the Veggetti Gourmet Recipe Guide.  I used apple cider vinegar and coconut palm sugar instead of using white vinegar and white sugar as in their recipe.

I made 1/2 the recipe tonight just to try it. My cucumbers were not very big so I ended up with lots of marinade. Tasted good though!

4 cucumbers
1 small white onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 TBS dried dill

Use the Veggetti to spiral cut the cucumbers on the thick side. Toss together cucumbers and onions in a large bowl.

Combine the vinegar, water, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and pour over the cucumber and onion. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold.

Allow the cucumbers to marinate at least 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment