About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Colorful Kale & Barley Salad with Sweet Onion Lemon Dressing recipe (vegan and dairy, gluten, egg, soy, and refined sugar free)

Great salad! I just made this last night for the first time.

I made the barley in my rice cooker so that saved me a lot of prep time. I did not heavy any thyme so I used a little bit of coriander powder. I did not have vegetable broth so used 1 cup chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups water instead.

I only had roasted pistachios so I used those instead of raw.

I used organic coconut palm sugar instead of cane sugar.

I added extra salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

Instead of slicing the red pepper, I chopped it in my Vidalia Chop Wizard. If you don't have a way to ribbon cut the carrot, just use a mandolin to shred it.

I recommend rubbing the kale with salt before you start preparing the other ingredients so that it starts to soften and becomes less bitter. When I added the dressing to the kale I just tossed it with salad tongs instead of rubbing it with my hands.

Recipe:
http://veggieandthebeastfeast.com/2014/05/19/colorful-kale-barley-salad-with-sweet-onion-lemon-dressing/


No comments:

Post a Comment