About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, February 27, 2012

Probiotics are critical to your health! But how much do you need and which one?

I will start by saying this:
PROBIOTICS ARE A HUGE DEAL!

I believe that EVERYONE should take probiotics, even babies, and eat as much fermented food as possible! Because of our modern lifestyle and commercial industry we have lost much access to the natural probiotics that used to be readily available in our foods.

I also highly suggest that everyone undergo a live blood analysis (see this explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_blood_analysis) AND a nutritional blood/urine test (we do Genova NutrEval with our alternative doc; it's about $2,000 and our insurance company pays all but our copay of $169). Both of these tests will help determine the particular individual's needs for probiotics, digestive enzymes, vitamins/minerals, amino acids, neurotransmitters, and a ton more critical life-saving info. I recently got my results and tested amazingly high! No vitamin or mineral deficiencies whatsoever in spite of my IBS! That's unheardof for someone with IBS bcs it causes vitamin/mineral absorption problems. I know beyond any doubt that if not for my daily consumption of eXfuze Seven+ for the past 4+ yrs there is no way on the planet that I would test that way. It's absorbed at the cellular level so it helps me in spite of my stomach issues. My health-conscious friends that are consistent Seven+ users also test really well on their nutrition tests, so I'm not an isolated case. Of course I also do NOT take any prescription drugs whatsoever and rarely eat bad food, both of which would cause the depletion of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Our ultimate goal should be to put in a lot of good stuff (especially concentrated superfoods) and keep out most if not all the bad stuff.

For basic probiotic needs, I recommend eating lots of fermented foods plus this awesome green superfood that contains about 3 billion+ probiotic units per serving and digestive enzymes:
http://yourbodygodstemple.blogspot.com/2011/03/incredible-organic-green-superfood.html 

However, for people that are not in perfect health and/or don't eat enough fermented foods, I recommend taking more probiotics in addition to Vitamineral Green, especially if you have digestive issues like me (I have had lifelong IBS and almost died at age 1 from it). According to our Genova Nutreval tests I need at least 25 billion probiotic units daily, while my husband who has a fantastic digestive system only requires 10 billion. Most people are getting way less than that or none at all! I am so excited to have just discovered this one and plan to order it next: Garden of Life Raw Probiotics with 85 billion units (also contains pre-biotics, which are very important too). Garden of Life has a great line for various needs (women, men, kids, seniors, etc) and is available at discount on Vitacost.com (use this code to get $10 off your first order: http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=90197996).

It's a really tricky thing to find just the right probiotic for our specific needs. Some people like me also need extra digestive enzymes in addition to probiotics. I like Garden of Life Raw Enzymes Women.

I can't stress enough what a big deal probiotics are to our health! They affect so many areas of our health. You may be experiencing unnecessary health issues and nutrient deficiencies just from not having them. You may even be eating a very healthy diet but not absorbing a lot of the nutrients from your food and/or supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment