About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Risotto with asparagus or peas (Rice Cooker) recipe

I found the following recipe online. I think the recipe needs more liquid and more salt though. 
Sometimes I use organic pearled barley instead of arborio rice because I like to vary the grains we use. When using barley I only use 1 cup and at least triple the amount of liquid to the amount of barley (i.e. 3-4 cups chicken broth/water to 1 cup barley).
You can also use 2 cups frozen peas instead of asparagus, but add it toward the end instead of the beginning. I also like adding minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves) and maybe a little lemon juice. I've also used goat cheese crumbles instead of Parmesan cheese. I might try adding 8 oz mushrooms next time.

My picky girls commented on how yummy it smelled as we put in the rice cooker!
Miriam

prep time: 5 min
cook time: 20 min

Servings:  4
Units: US | Metric

Ingredients:
8 ounces fresh asparagus, peeled cut 1 inch bites
2 cups arborio rice
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup white cooking wine
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Note: When I say 2 cups of rice, this is calculated at the measure size that comes with your cooker which are two measures that is 3/4 of a reg measure cup. So Rice needed for this recipe is 1 1/2 cups in a regular measuring cup.
Measure out the rice and rinse with cold water well.
Add the first 8 ingredients together (except for the cheese) in the rice cooker.
Close lid and press cook lever down.
When the rice cooker switches to warm, add the grated fresh parmesan cheese.Stir in well.
Serve.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/risotto-with-asparagus-rice-cooker-2008-291461?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment