About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rice-Mushroom with Veggies Casserole recipe

I made this for the first time tonight by combining parts of four different recipes. It came out great, and even my picky 11 year-old loved it!
Miriam

Ingredients:


2-3 cups cooked brown rice (I used 3)

2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 green pepper chopped
½ bunch fresh basil (about 20 leaves) chopped
8 oz vegetable broth
2 chopped onions
2 garlic cloves minced
8-16 oz mushrooms
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp oregano

Salt and pepper to taste
Cream sauce:
1/3 cup raw cashews
1 cup water
½ cup almond milk

Instructions:

In a high-speed blender, grind the cashews by themselves first until fine; add the water and milk, and blend thoroughly. Set aside.

In a large pot, sautee onions in butter. Add garlic and mushrooms and sautee some more.

When the mushrooms look mostly cooked, add cream sauce, spices, and vegetable broth and mix. Then add rice, broccoli, peas, green pepper, and basil and mix.

Pour into large casserole dish (lined with coconut oil) and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment