About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rice and Black Beans (Rice Cooker) recipe

Very yummy and easy! I used all organic ingredients and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. If using chicken broth make sure it's organic. For the rice I used brown not white. I did not use cheese, but my hubby added sour cream to his dish which worked well. I also added 1 tsp sea salt and to give it a kick for my husband I added several spices (cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, and black pepper).
Miriam

Total Time:  35 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Ro-tel)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can sweet corn (optional)
1 cup cheese (optional)

Directions:
Drain tomatoes, black beans, corn and put in Rice Cooker.
Add rice, chicken broth and stir.
Cook until cooker stops.
Add cheese on top.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/rice-and-black-beans-rice-cooker-352673?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment