About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Sunday, December 2, 2012

No Grain Honey Bread recipe (uses coconut flour)

I made my own coconut flour by grinding shredded coconut in my coffee grinder. Also, here's a tip I found  for mixing the eggs, milk, and butter. Unfortunately, I found it "after" I made the recipe. It still came out pretty good considering I did that part wrong.

When mixing butter with egg and milk do this.

In bowl # 1:
ROOM Temp. egg - whisk it smooth.
Add the milk to egg and whisk more!

IN bowl # 2:
Melt butter over med-low heat or microwave on 30% power for 90 sec. stirr butter to completely melt.

Let melted butter cool down for about 1 min.

Add melted butter from bowl #2 to milk/egg in bowl #1 and whisk!

Look - no scrambles eggs!! You did it!


Miriam


No Grain Honey Bread

by SARAH, THE HEALTHY HOME ECONOMIST on MARCH 31, 2010
My post on no grain muffins last month proved to be very popular, so I am posting another no grain recipe I use frequently in our home.    This particular bread recipe uses coconut flour instead of nut or bean flours.    Baked goods made out of coconut flour tend to have the consistency of Sara Lee pound cake.   When I was a gradeschooler, my breakfast often consisted of a slice of Sara Lee pound cake with some peanut butter smeared on top.    Not an ideal healthy breakfast, by any means, but I do have a soft spot for the soft, spongy texture of pound cake even to this day!

If you love pound cake as I do, chances are you will like this wonderful alternative to the typical wheat based pound cakes.   The bread does have a hint of coconut flavor, but it is not overwhelming and does not detract from complete enjoyment of the texture and overall flavor of the bread.   This bread does not get completely brown on top like wheat based pound cake, but the texture is quite similar.   This bread is also very low carb and unbelievably filling for those of you who are limiting them for health or weight reasons.   It’s amazing how just one slice fills you up.
No Grain Honey Bread
6 – eggs
5 – tablespoons butter, melted
6 – tablespoons coconut milk or whole milk
6 – tablespoons honey
1/2 – teaspoon sea salt
1 – teaspoon vanilla
1/2 – cup sifted coconut flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill  brand)
1/2 teaspoon, no aluminum baking powder
5 drops stevia

Whisk together eggs, butter, coconut milk, honey, sea salt, vanilla, and stevia.    Mix coconut flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and then sprinkle this dry mixture in with the wet ingredients a bit at a time.    Once everything is mixed, keep whisking until the batter is very smooth with no lumps.   Pour into a glass loaf pan and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until loaf starts to slightly brown on top.
Makes 1 medium loaf, 12 muffins, or 24 mini muffins

I LOVE a slice of this bread with some Arrowhead Mills organic creamy peanut butter on top!   Why Arrowhead Mills?   Because this company sources their peanuts from the Southwest USA where mold in peanuts is very rare.    My husband and kids like it with a big slab of butter and a bit of raw honey.

By the way, I am submitting this real food recipe to the “Real Food Wednesday” blog carnival at http://kellythekitchenkop.com/.  Check out this blog for other great real food recipes!   
Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist

No comments:

Post a Comment