About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Karina's gluten-free pancakes recipe


I just ground up millet, buckwheat, and almonds into flour for homemade gluten-free pancakes tomorrow! The batch smells so good! I'm going to try this recipe but with almond or coconut milk, not soy. I used my BlendTec blender for the millet and my coffee grinder for the buckwheat and almonds. I think the buckwheat would probably work fine in the BlendTec too.Miriam

karina's gluten-free pancakes recipe

Since going gluten-free in 2001, I've tried all most of the gluten-free pancake mixes out there. And I found them less than inspiring. So I tried making my own g-free flour blends. And most attempts were good. But not blog-worthy. The one exception was my fall centric Pumpkin Pancakes. They were lovely.

But today I wanted a wanted a pancake that didn't taste like pumpkin. A pancake recipe suitable for Sundays year round. A pancake reminiscent of my pre-celiac days. Light and flavorful, not too heavy. Not too thick. Just. You know. Perfect.


And this combo worked. Like a charm. Magic happens.

Dry ingredients:

1 3/4 cups sorghum, millet or brown rice flour*
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum

Wet ingredients:

1 cup soy milk (or milk of choice)
1 cup water
2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey or raw agave nectar 
1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

Instructions: 

Heat a griddle on medium-high heat. If your griddle requires greasing, do that now.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add in the wet ingredients. Beat well to incorporate. Your batter should be silky and smooth. Not too thick.

Test the griddle by shaking a drop of water on it. If it pops and sizzles, your griddle is hot enough.

Using a ladle, pour a scoop of pancake batter on to the heated griddle. Repeat for as many pancakes as you can fit at one go.

When tiny bubbles have formed in the batter, carefully flip the pancakes with a thin flexible spatula. Cook a minute or two until firm- but don't over cook. Overcooking pancakes makes them tough.

To keep warm- or eat immediately?

The truth is- gluten-free pancakes are best eaten straight off the griddle- while hot and tender. If you keep these warm in the oven they may toughen a bit.

If the batter thickens as it stands, add a little more liquid to thin it.

Serve with vegan butter and warm maple syrup.


Serves 4.

Recipe Source: glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com



http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/08/karinas-gluten-free-pancakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment