About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Silky Smooth Bean Fudge recipe


Silky Smooth Bean Fudge

Thanks for visiting! There's a lot of real food and healthy living info to cover here. Please join in on the conversation! If you're new here, I'd sure love to see more of you - please subscribe to my RSS feed or myemail newsletter so that you don't miss a post. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Dairy-Free Fudge
Fudge is one of those comfort foods that makes you “not too comfortable” after you’ve eaten it.  And fudge isn’t good for you anyway right?– evaporated milk and tons of sugar. But then, you knew that.
Well, you can now change your thinking about fudge, because I have a recipe for you that you can feel good about eating and serving to your kids.  I have been known to offer it to my kids for breakfast and snacks without batting an eye — and while having a piece or two myself :-) .
Reminds me of the old Bill Cosby “Chocolate Cake” routine.  In case you haven’t seen it, you can now “indulge” in some laughter before indulging in some fudge — for breakfast, of course!
This recipe is so good that there is no reason to be “secretive” about what the main ingredient is.  Some non-real-foodie folks have even asked for the recipe!
For me, this dessert recipe is a real winner, and here is why:
  • It contains lots of coconut oil, which we all know is extremely good for you (contrary to what the “diet dictocrats” will tell you).
  • It is easily adaptable to special diets (sugar-free, nut-free).  Actually, all of my recipes are.
  • It is a simple sweet treat for your family.  No need to bake, easy preparation and the pan is simple to clean.  Just combine all of the ingredients, smoosh them into a pan and presto!  You have a wonderful, healthy treat for your family.  You could even make it simpler by just forming the fudge on a plate and letting it firm up just like that in the fridge.
  • Besides being adaptable to special diets, it is also easy to change ingredients around to make different varieties.  Even changing the beans around makes a difference.  The above photo is black bean fudge, but we have also made this with adzuki beans and pinto beans — and kidney and cranberry beans would also work out just fine.  I will be adding different variations in the future for you to try!

Whatever adjustments you make. you will be getting lots of coconut oil goodness into your family while giving them a treat!
Special Thanks to Affairs of Living for the inspiration for this recipe.
Let me know how this turns out for you!  I will have some more delicious varieties on this recipe for you in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment