About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Raw Chocolate or Carob Chia Pudding recipe

This is very easy and tastes great!
If it doesn't thicken for you, add more chia seeds or 1/2 haas avocado. My bowl shown in the photo is only 1/2 the recipe. 
For the milk, I used 3 tablespoons organic coconut cream mixed with enough unsweetened vanilla almond milk to reach 1 cup total.



Rich Chocolate or Carob Chia Pudding (dairy-free and sugar-free options)

Chocolate Pudding.  Yum.
But Chocolate Pudding that is good for you?
Hard to find.  But this chia pudding really fits the bill.
I have fond memories of warm pudding (made from a mix – Ugh!) from when I was growing up.  So it’s a comfort food that I love, but I needed to find a recipe that brought comfort to my whole self – not just my taste buds :-)!
I am always looking recipes that meet these criteria:
  • fast
  • budget-friendly
  • nutritious
  • delicious
Well, here is one that is sure to please on all counts.
Partially because you can make it without sugar and partially because it’s main ingredient is –
Chia!
Chia is an amazing nutritional powerhouse that I only recently became acquainted with.  So let me introduce you to my new-found nutritional buddy…

What’s great about chia?

Like I mentioned in my post on another great chia dessert, Dairy-Free Berry Mousse, just 2 tablespoons of chia makes the medicine go -er – ahem – has:
  • 4 grams of complete protein
  • 4.5 grams of omega 3 oils
  • 5.5 grams fiber
  • 9% RDA calcium
  • 7% RDA iron
And it is super filling.

Wondering where to buy chia?

Try your local health food store, or online.  Amazon has a nice price and Nutiva is quite good.
So here is another great way to get good nutrition into you and your family, without taking a lot of work.
I am sure you are going to love this.  My family wolfed down all of my kitchen tested versions in a flash this morning.  So I would recommend making a double or triple batch!
Extra bonus – this recipe is so frugal.  If you make your own milk alternative you really save a bundle.  Have you ever looked at the price of those teensy boxes of “pudding mix” in the stores?  Ugh.  And for what – just sugar and artificial flavors and colors.  They don’t even include the milk!
Like I always, say, help our your health and your wallet at the same time and make it yourself!
Need some other great whole foods desserts?  How about:
You can have your sweets and your keep your health too!

No comments:

Post a Comment