About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homemade Chocolate or Carob Chips recipe


Homemade Chocolate or Carob Chips – Do It Yourself

Thanks for visiting! There's a lot of real food and healthy living info to cover here. Please join in on the conversation! If you're new here, I'd sure love to see more of you - please subscribe to my RSS feed or myemail newsletter so that you don't miss a post. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Homemade Chocolate Chips Carob Chips
Have you ever had a hankering to make chocolate chip cookies, but have found yourself “sans” the chips in your pantry?
Or perhaps you are, like us, on a special diet where you need to avoid
  • dairy
  • sugar, or you wish to avoid
  • trans-fats
  • artificial or natural flavorings that are often in store-bought chips?
Well, for years I have been trying to find a recipe for chocolate or carob chips that would work.
FINALLY I HAVE ONE :-) !!
Thanks to the basics from a fellow blogger who writes about special diets, I finally have a winner!
This week on Maundy Thursday, I thought I’d make a dessert to take to our church’s Passover Seder so that my family would have a healthy dessert alternative.  Well, the cookies that I tried from Affairs of Living’s site didn’t turn out so great (though the other kids at our table surprised me by eating a number of them and to be fair, I did alter the original recipe a bit due to dietary restrictions), but the chips sure were a success.  I’ll have to make another go at the cookies another time.

*Some people choose to avoid cocoa due to stimulants inherent in it.  If you are one of those people, you may wish to check out an almost completely caffeine-free cocoa available called Wonderslim.
Of course, you can use these in chocolate (carob) chip cookies, or eat them plain!  If you use carob, and a healthy sweetener, then you have a great way to get coconut oil into your diet.
This past Sunday I didn’t have any good take along snack options for my kids, so I opted for soaked and dried almonds and these chips instead.  Sound crazy?  Well, with special diets and whole foods, you can and should think out side the box a bit.  For another “crazy” breakfast that I serve to my kids sometimes, check out mySilky Bean Fudge recipe and enjoy a laugh while you are there :-) .

No comments:

Post a Comment