About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Red Quinoa and Avocado Salad recipe

I made this for the first time this past weekend. I did not have red quinoa on hand so I used red rice and loved it! I doubled the recipe but kept the onions and cumin at the original amounts because they are so strong.
Miriam

Rated:
*****
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Submitted By: Gitano
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 2
"A tasty combination of quinoa, avocado, cumin, and lime juice with fresh veggies for a delicious meal!"

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup red quinoa
2/3 cup water
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Spread into a mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
2.
Once the quinoa has chilled, gently stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Season with lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Divide the spinach leaves onto salad plates, and top with the quinoa salad. Garnish with the avocado slices to serve.


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 4/28/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment