About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Friday, April 27, 2012

Potato/Squash Hummus recipe

I just whipped this up for the first time with leftovers! Yum!

I had some potatoes leftover from yesterday's dinner, so I decided to make mashed potatoes in the food processor. What I ended up with looked like hummus, so I decided to dip in a cracker. Surprise! It was actually really good! Even my daughter's friend liked it, and he hates squash just like my kids.

What I had on hand:
1 baked organic potato (peeled)
1 baked sweet potato (peeled)
1 cup of oven roasted organic white potato chunks (with skins on and baked with garlic and onions)
1 cup of steamed organic yellow squash slices

Other ingredients I added:
Almond milk (enough to create creamy consistency)
1 TBS organic butter
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
Fresh ground organic black pepper to taste

Put everything into the food processor until well blended and creamy!

Enjoy!
Miriam



No comments:

Post a Comment