About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chia Seed Shake recipe for Lustrous Hair



I love this! So easy and yummy! Even my hubby likes it.
Miriam

from Dr Oz show today:

Supercharged Drinks to Make You Look Young

Nutritionist and author Kim Synder created 4 supercharged drinks to make your hair shinier and your skin more radiant! These beverages are easy to digest, making the anti-aging benefits just a few sips away! 

Chia Seed Shake for Lustrous Hair

Your hair is largely protein, and chia provides a complete protein – containing all essential amino acids in an easily-digested form. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, omega-3 oil, fiber and minerals which all work toward strong and shiny hair.

Ingredients
Makes 1 (24-oz) serving

2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered or liquid stevia to sweeten

Directions
Stir chia seeds into almond milk in a glass. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid and begin to create a gel. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, making it sweet to suit your taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment