About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Friday, January 27, 2012

Raw Key Lime Pie recipe (from Hallelujah Diet: dairy, gluten, egg, refined sugar, and soy free)

Note:
Yum! My girls and I made this together. Very easy!

For the crust I used this crust recipe instead of the Zesty Macadamia one below bcs macadamia nuts are so expensive, but I added 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1 tsp lime zest to make it more like the macadamia recipe:
Raw Nut Pie Crust
  1. 1 cup almonds
  2. 1 cup pecans (or walnuts)
  3. 1 cup dates
  4. ¼ “piece of vanilla bean OR 1 teaspoon vanilla
  5. ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
Blend in food processor until combined. Press into bottom and sides of pan. When finished put in the fridge till ready to fill.

Use this recipe for the topping:
http://tasty-yummies.com/2014/03/04/make-whipped-coconut-cream/

Here's a tip for the lime juice since the following recipe is pretty tangy using 5 limes. Pour in only part of the lime juice and taste the mixed recipe before adding the rest. I'll use less lime juice next time, probably about 3 limes.

The 2nd time I made this I used 1 cup soaked organic cashews instead of banana and mango and liked it better!

Miriam

Raw Key Lime Pudding
From Rhonda's Monthly Culinary Class
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus

In Rhonda’s culinary class she will pour this pudding onto a Zesty Nut Piecrust, top with Pine Nut Crème, cover and freeze. Once frozen she will cut into about a dozen small serving pieces. It is a very rich and tasty dessert and a little goes a long way.

Ingredients

3 medium avocados (peeled & pitted)
1 ripe banana
¾ cup fresh or frozen mango pieces
1 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
1 teaspoon lime zest
½ cup raw unfiltered honey or agave nectar
¼ cup organic coconut oil
¼ of fresh vanilla bean or 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla
½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt
Directions

Place all ingredients into Vita Mix or other powerful blender and process until smooth and creamy. ENJOY

See Also: Zesty Macadamia Nut Pie Crust

http://www.hacres.com/recipes/cards/raw-key-lime-pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment