About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Veggie Nut Burger recipe

Note:
I used Braggs Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce. Also, instead of using the broiler, I used my Foreman Grill (so easy). And my very picky kids actually ate this without complaining! Don't forget condiments like organic ketchup, mustard, vegan mayo, lettuce, tomato!
Miriam

OMG Good Nut Burgers

By: ~marie~

"Yummy, rich-tasting, filling, addictive texture. I WAY prefer this to a hamburger any day!! And I am no vegetarian, by any means. I took one bite of this, and said.. Oh My Gosh... this is incredible!!! I could easily swear off beef burgers for these! Place on lettuce, top with a slice of cheese, and serve with Thousand Island dressing, with or without a bun. OMG! So good!"

Prep Time:
20 Min Cook Time:
10 Min Ready In:
30 Min
Original Recipe Yield 6 burgers

Ingredients

1 cup finely ground almonds
1/2 cup minced onion
1 carrot, minced
1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Directions

Preheat the oven broiler. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
In a medium bowl, mix together the almonds, onion, carrot, tahini, tamari sauce, and lemon juice. Form into 6 patties and place on baking sheet.
Broil burgers 5 minutes, then turn and broil the other side another 5 minutes. Watch to make sure the burgers don't burn. Remove, and garnish as desired.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 215 | Total Fat: 17.4g | Cholesterol: 0mg

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/omg-good-nut-burgers/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment