About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zucchini, Black Bean, and Rice Skillet recipe

NOTE:
Wow! This was good! I made the following changes though:
- organic coconut oil instead of Wesson
- organic diced tomatoes instead of Hunt's
- red rice instead of white (cooked in my rice cooker before starting the recipe; by the way, it eliminates the need for adding water to the saute pan)
- sprinkled sea salt, turmeric, oregano, cumin, and dulse since a few comments on the internet said this recipe was a bit bland
- the cheese is optional

My oldest child ate and loved it. My little one was freaked out bcs she saw green pieces in it so I turned hers into a veggie burger by adding ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds, and then I put it on my Foreman Grill (veggie burger version for kids is best if you put it thru the food processor first).
Miriam

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
3/4 cup water
1 cup instant white rice
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend

NUTRITION INFORMATION*

Serving Size 4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)
Calories 276

DIRECTIONS

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.

http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Zucchini-Black-Bean-and-Rice-Skillet-5623.html

No comments:

Post a Comment