About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, January 9, 2012

Raw ShapeWay “Cookies” recipe

Note:
This recipe is from my friend Kathy Jones, former owner of a health food store in California. These are soooo yummy and jam-packed with healthy ingredients! I'm very picky about cookies and there are very few I really like. I was so impressed with these! If you don't have ShapeWay on hand, use any yummy tasting protein shake powder that you have.
Enjoy!
Miriam

Raw ShapeWay “Cookies” (makes about 30)

1 cup raw almonds

½ cup raw walnuts

1 cup pitted dates ( I prefer the Medjool but any will work)

½ cup unsweetened dried cherries (can use raisins, dried cranberries, etc.)

¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract (may be able to leave this out since ShapeWay is so vanilla tasting)

3 Scoops of ShapeWay powder (more or less to taste) - available for purchase at http://www.shapewaybodychallenge.com/iwi


For coating:
½ cup ground almonds
¼ cup unsweetened coconut

First, for the coating, grind the ½ cups of almonds in a food processor, until finely ground. Remove from processor to a plate, add coconut and mix together. Set aside.

Grind the almonds and walnuts in a food processor until chopped. DO NOT grind too fine as you want some texture. Add the chopped pitted dates, vanilla, cherries and ShapeWay powder and process until it starts to come together. If necessary add a little water to make moist enough to hold together.

Form into small balls and roll in almond/coconut mixture. Flatten slightly and lay on lined cookie sheet.
Refrigerate to set. Store in airtight containers.

Because these are so YUMMY, they won’t last long but if they do, refrigerate if you don’t eat them in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. These are PHENOMINAL! I tried the ones that Kathy Jones made and brought to Dallas Convention, and WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete