About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Thursday, April 30, 2020

My daily green smoothie recipe

Did you know you could start everyday with a green smoothie without having to make one everyday? I make anywhere from 2 to 4 blender-fulls at a time and freeze the smoothies in glass ball jars (they won't break as long as you leave space at the top when you fill them). I defrost one jar in the fridge 1-2 days before I want to drink the smoothie. As that jar starts getting low I defrost the next one.





Here's my favorite Green Smoothie Recipe:

  • 1-2 cups organic greenleaf lettuce
  • 1/8 box organic baby arugula (5 oz box)
  • I/2 Haas avocado (if petite I use the whole avocado) or use coconut milk and coconut yogurt instead of avocado if trying to avoid oxalates
  • 1/3 organic English or regular large Cucumber
  • 1 cup Organic Simply Balanced Tropical Fruit Blend or Berry Blend (Target)
  • Juice of 1/2 organic lemon if using tropical blend (or 1 tbs Lakewood organic lemon juice)
  • 3 squirts Stur Natural Energy (mighty mixed fruit)
  • Organic Stevia extract powder to taste (Vitamin Shoppe brand Plnt)
  • 2 to 3 cups of purified water after everything else is in blender
  • Blend till smooth in a high-powered blender (BlendTec, Vitamix, Ninja, etc)


P.S. Arugula has a very earthy taste, and it may be too much for green smoothie newbies. You can either omit it or use less. The longer you drink green smoothies the greater your tolerance for strong flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment