About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Organic raw flax seed crackers recipe (keto, vegan)

Organic raw flax seed crackers made in the dehydrator! Keto and vegan. So delicious and so easy! So good that I actually ate a cracker before taking the photo. LOL

Changes I made:
Instead of 3/4 cup of flax seeds, I did a combination of 1/2 cup flax seeds and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds. I also replaced the poppy seeds with hemp seeds. I recommend using less salt than what the recipe calls for, maybe 1 tsp instead of 3 . Next time I'm going to try eliminating the garlic salt and adding 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.



Recipe:
https://104homestead.com/healthy-flax-seed-crackers/F

FlaxSeed Crackers from Start to Finish

For these crackers, we are using 1 clove of chopped garlic, and 3 teaspoons each of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic salt, and sea salt. This blend is similar to an Everything bagel (which was my inspiration).

Mix together 3/4 cup flax seed (I like golden because just because of the lighter color, but my husband prefers brown), 1/2 cup chia seeds,  1 cup of water, and your seasonings. Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes, until the mix starts to go clumpy, but not too thick.

Spread your mixture on parchment paper or a ParaFlexx™ sheet as thin as you can without creating holes. If you like uniform crackers, you can score them before putting them into the dehydrator. I personally just break them apart when they are done drying.
Dehydrate at 105ºF for 8 hours or until dry. I like to flip mine at around 5 hours and if I find the center isn’t drying quickly enough, I snap off the edges allowing the center to dry faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment