About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, August 29, 2011

Tomato and Red Pepper Salad recipe

Made this tonight. Very good! I did not have fresh basil leaves on hand so I used other greens.

Selection of salad leaves
Fresh basil leaves, I used around 5 tiny ones from the plant I have on my windowsill.
2 tomatoes, look for vibrantly red ones, or ones on the vine.
1 red pepper, diced.
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
METHOD

Wash the salad leaves, basil, tomatoes and pepper. Rip the lettuce into more bite sized chunks, and tear the basil.
Thinly slice the tomatoes, and dice the red pepper.
Add the veg to a large bowl. Then add the vinegar, lemon and olive oil, thoroughly coat the veg in the dressing and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment