About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Veggie Black Bean Burgers recipe by Connie

Note:
I made these tonight for the first time. Awesome! I've made various kinds of veggie burgers, and my hubby believes these are the best so far. By the way, I made mine in my Foreman Grill instead of an outdoor grill. You can also heat them in a pan for about 2 minutes each side. For the bread crumbs I take 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, toast them, and grind them in my food processor. Instead of using a full 2 cups of bread crumbs I combine my homemade ones with 1 TBS of ground flax seeds.
Miriam

Your Grill Just Got an Upgrade
This recipe comes from Connie Maginnis, who writes, "When we go to cookouts with people on the Standard American Diet, we bring these Black Bean Burgers to grill. Their acceptance is amazing and I have to bring enough for everyone because all the other people want ours!"

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion (coarsely chopped)
1 medium red pepper (chopped)
4 medium cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 cups cooked or canned organic black beans (drained)
1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
2 cups fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
Hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
Also optional is adding 1 tablespoon of Ketchup (from Rhonda's Recipe book)
1 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt

Directions

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook while stirring frequently until soft and onions are translucent. Stir in cumin, turmeric, and cook for an additional minute. In a food processor, combine beans, rice and onion/pepper/garlic mixture. Transfer to a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs and mix well. Season with salt and hot pepper if desired. Flatten 1/4 cup amounts of mix into patties and they are ready for the outdoor grill. Cook about 3-5 minutes each side. Makes 8 burgers.

http://www.hacres.com/recipes/cards/black-bean-burgers-by-connie

No comments:

Post a Comment