About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Miriam's Protein Shake Recipe

I know it does not sound appetizing from the ingredients, but it actually tastes pretty good and is super healthy with tons of amino acids and protein. It's kind of a knock-off of Vega, which is very expensive at Health Food stores. It's also vegan, mostly raw, and mostly organic.

It contains about 25 grams of protein. We just put everything in a blender ball shaker cup, shake, and go.

1 TBS Nutribiotic Organic Vegan Rice Protein Vanilla powder (made from sprouted brown rice)
1 TBS Now Sports Pea Protein powder (non GMO)
1 TBS Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder 50% protein
1/2 TBS (or more if you like) Now Carob Powder
1 TBS Omega Nutrition Organic Hi-Lignan Flax Oil
5-8 drops Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia (for sweetness)
8 oz of Silk Almond Milk original (or home-made preferably)

All of the ingredients are available on www.Luckyvitamin.com, except for the almond milk. You can get the milk at almost all supermarkets. Best to make it yourself (see recipe on www.hacres.com).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment