About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Roasted Spicy Cauliflower recipe (vegan, gluten free, soy-free, dairy free)

So good!

I prefer organic ghee over the olive oil. Also, instead of mixing any of this in a bowl, I just laid the florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzled everything over them. I add the hot sauce and wing sauce after they come out of the oven.


  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  •  
  • Cook time: 20 minutes
  •  
  • Yield: Serves 3-4 as a side dish
The measurements are just a guideline. Add more or less olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, or cheese to taste.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 pounds (680g) cauliflower, cut into florets of even size
  • 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Juice from half a lemon, about 1 Tbsp
  • Kosher salt
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon organic wing sauce

1 Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2 Toss cauliflower and garlic with olive oil, lemon juice, salt: In a large bowl toss the broccoli florets and minced garlic with olive oil and lemon juice until lightly coated. Sprinkle salt over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
3 Arrange florets in a single layer on baking sheet: Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been rubbed with some olive oil or lined with parchment paper.
4 Roast for 16-20 minutes: Roast at 425°F (220°C) for 16-20 minutes until cooked through (check by poking with a fork, should be fork tender) and lightly browned. The browned bits are the best! So don't worry if you see some charring.
5 Toss with sauces and black pepper: Put the roasted cauliflower back in the bowl and toss with lots of freshly ground black pepper and the sauces. Be generous with the black pepper.
Serve immediately.

Original recipe from (I altered it for spicy cauliflower):

No comments:

Post a Comment