About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Red Lentil dish recipe



Got this from my friend Stephanie. Can't wait to try it!


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp butter
1/2 sweet onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced (I used 3 large one's last night)
28 oz Chicken or Vegetable broth
1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes
1-1/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
salt to taste


Directions:
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion & garlic, saute 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add broth & 5 other ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to low, simmer uncovered and stir occasionally for 30 minutes. Stir in basil & salt.

Great over Basmati rice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment