About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Vegan Chocolate Caramel/NutButter Bar recipe (mostly Keto except for dates)

This is so amazing! It was really hard to stop eating it. I think it's the most tempting dessert I've made so far.

My changes:
For the chocolate layers, instead of 18 oz of chocolate chips, I used a combination of chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa powder with additional coconut oil.
For the filling, I used half the amount of medjool dates and added a layer of nut butter (NuttZo Organic 7 Nut & Seed Butter Paleo Power Fuel Crunchy) on top of the dates.
I soaked my dates overnight, so it wasn't necessary to add water when I processed them. You can also soak them for a few hours instead and use a little bit of the soaking water to blend them.
The second time I made this I used cupcake liners so I wouldn't have to slice the bar, which can be challenging. It also helps with portion control.


Option to use cupcake liners instead of slicing the bar:
  •  TIME
  •  TIME
  • 1 Bar SERVINGS

Ingredients

  • 18 ounces dark chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2½ cups Medjool dates pitted
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preparation

  1. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper overhanging the edges. Then, heat half of the chocolate chips and half of the coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir consistently until chocolate is smooth and melted. Pour evenly into the pan. Transfer to the freezer and let sit until hardened, about 30 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, add pitted dates to a food processor and process for about two minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Add the water, sea salt, and pure vanilla extract and process for about 30 seconds.
  3. Once chocolate has set, spread ½ cup of the caramel over the chocolate. Return to the freezer for 15 minutes.
  4. Melt the remaining chocolate and then pour over the caramel. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes, or until bars are completely set. Slice into long strips and serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment