About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Friday, January 15, 2021

Keto Pecan Pralines recipe (sugar free and mostly vegan)

I just made these organic pralines for the first time and they're so delicious! Even my husband loves them. Mine are darker than in the recipe because I cooked my caramel longer, but it tastes great. Originally there were 12 pralines, but we couldn't keep our hands off of them!

Instead of 5 tablespoons of butter, I used 4 tablespoons of ghee and 1 tbsp butter. For the cream, I used coconut cream instead of dairy.


Keto Pecan Pralines

These Pecan Pralines are creamy and sweet with toasted pecans throughout. My keto Pecan Pralines Recipe cooks in about ten minutes and is ready to eat in under an hour. They are low carb, sugar-free, gluten free, grain free, keto, and a THM S.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Course: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: American
 
Servings: 10 pralines
 
Calories: 145
 
Author: Taryn

Ingredients

  • 1 cup pecans toasted
  • 5 tbsp butter divided
  • 6 tbsp light cream (or heavy cream)
  • 1/3 cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt

Instructions

  • Combine 4 tbsp of the butter with the sweetener and cream over medium heat. Stir until sweetener is dissolved.
  • Cook until it is a deep golden brown. As soon as it reaches that deep color (right before burning) remove from the heat and immediately add the other 1 tbsp butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
  • Add the salt and toasted pecans. Drop by spoonfuls onto on wax paper. Refrigerate just until firm.

Notes

To toast nuts:
I toast nuts at 400 degrees until they are lightly browned and smell heavenly.
Notes on Sweeteners: 
Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel. This is one recipe I do not recommend trying other sweeteners. I have only tested it with my own sweetener blend. I'm not sure if other sweeteners work.
How to store pralines:
Store at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage you can refrigerate the pralines but they will firm up more and turn whitish from the sweetener crystallizing. They are still delicious!
 
 

Nutrition

Calories: 145 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 49mg | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.3mg

No comments:

Post a Comment