About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Raw Sunflower Seed / Lemon Dressing recipe

Raw Sunflower Seed / Lemon Dressing
This recipe was sent in by Kathie who lives in California: "Here is a totally raw, whole foods, salad dressing that can also be used as a mayonnaise, dip, sour cream, or a tartar sauce by reducing the amount of water a little to make it thicker."
Print This Page
Ingredients

2 1/2 cups distilled water
1 1/2 cups raw, hulled, Sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt (or to taste)
2 teaspoons Paprika
2 teaspoons Onion Powder (or flakes)
2 Lemons (juice from)
1 clove fresh Garlic (minced)
Directions

The secret to a fine dressing is letting the above ingredients blend in a strong blender (Vita Mix) for quite awhile until very creamy. Sometimes I substitute fresh basil and dill (or parsley) for the paprika. It then turns out a pale green instead of a pale paprika color. This dressing is very healthy because it has no free oils, cholesterol, hydrogenated fats, vinegar, sugar, or cooked ingredients. This recipe is really GUILT FREE, and is the recipe I use more than any other."

*ORGANIC INGREDIENTS ARE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment