About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Green Smoothie Recipes and Information

I thought you all might want to catch up on the Green Smoothie Revolution. Here are some comments from Robin (for those who don't know her, she is my lead Pastor's wife) and previous emails from me explaining what Green Smoothies are and how to make them.

Blessings,
Miriam

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin

Hello all,

We have been doing green smoothies for about 3 months about 4 to 5 times a week. We usually do them for desserts or in the morning for an energy boost. I wait until after I homeschool to give the kids any. (: My kids love them. As of now we just use lots of spinach, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, frozen blueberries, frozen peaches, bananas, 100% juice and sometimes coconut milk. You can use a lot of spinach and not taste it at all. They look gross but taste great. Those drinks are a great way to get lots of greens.

Robin

From: Miriam Moss [mailto:miriamlovesjesus@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 12:42 AM
To: Subject: Green Smoothie Recipes (thanks for patiently awaiting these)

For those of you haven't seen the videos explaining why Green Smoothies are so great, here is the original email I sent out about this. Those of you who have been eagerly awaiting these recipes, see below:

From: Miriam Moss
To:
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:34 AM
Subject: Great Info. on the amazing healing powers of green smoothies and how simply you can make them

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQrN-P1VsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXmR13gKpdg&feature=related


Hi, All. Check this out!

Those of you who homeschool have probably heard Rene Ellison at the Homeschool Conventions talk about the importance of a healthy diet in regard to our children learning properly. I first heard of green smoothies from her two years ago and started trying to find some that were palatable but never dedicated enough time to the endeavor. I then started hearing tons about them on the Natural Cures website and hearing great testimonials from people doing them everyday. I also started reading some booklets I bought from Rene at last year's convention and started trying some of her green smoothie recipes. I'm still working on finding some that my kids like, but so far there are two that I like (not from Rene's recipes though) and I can definitely notice the difference in how I feel. I plan to try more recipes and am determined to find some that the girls will drink! I think if I add extra fruit for them that will do the trick!

The first three videos are parts 1, 2 and 3 with Victoria Boutenkou who wrote "Green for Life." The 4th and 5th videos (2 parts) with Victoria's 20 year-old daughter are amazing! I have never seen a more mature young woman (she was able to start college at age 14 due to her diet changes and healed body). She also tells the story of an incredible journey that she and her family took that made them famous and could only have been accomplished with optimal health.

Recipes:

Ok. I've tried several of these and like them. I do not use as much fruit as some of them call for since I really drink these for the super greens not the fruit. Our diets should include about 40% greens, and that's hard to do without these wonderful green smoothies.

Important tips:

Liquefy your fruit with some water before adding the greens. This will make blending much easier. Any blender works on these.
Play around with these so that you make them to your liking.
Be creative and make up your own too.
For kids, you can make them a little sweeter.
Almost any green (romaine, kale, collards, or spinach) taste great with mangos or pineapples.
Drink these in between meals up to four times per day (8 oz each) for better absorption of nutrients and so you don't combine fruit with other foods. Fruit putrefies in your stomach when eaten with other foods, except greens.
Use organic greens if you can. I don't buy "all" my produce organic for financial reasons, but I use only organic when it comes to green leafy vegetables. For help in prioritizing organic vs. non-organic produce, go to www.ewg.org and print the Dirty Dozen list.

Prevention.com
http://forums.prevention.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3771021293/m/7501086644

The ones I've tried and like:
Green Smoothie (my absolute favorite without the banana or flax oil - I use an entire mango and a bunch of spinach to make a quart's worth)
Green and Gone Smoothie
My Morning Smoothie
Pina Colada


Raw Food Talk.com

http://rawfoodtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-15872.html (see the long list under ~rawfoodie)

The ones I've tried and like:
Valya's Favorite
Green Benevolence
Aloe Live Blend (but I had no Aloe in it)


Dr. Oz Green Drink (as seen on Oprah)
"Freshness In A Glass”
4 Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
1 cup Spinach
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 large Apple
1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger (peeled)

A Little Parsley was also mentioned. I don't use the parsley and use very little celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment