About Me

My photo
I have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two teen daughters that I homeschooled up until high School and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Monday, May 16, 2011

Delightful Apple Salad recipe

Delightful Apple Salad

This delicious apple salad can be eaten as is, but is even better when topped with Rhonda’s Apple Salad Dressing (see below)! I made the creamy version of the dressing in my Blendtec and loved it!

Ingredients

2 cups mixed salad greens
2 cups spinach
1 cup Granny Smith apples (cut into small chunks)
1 cup Fuji or Braeburn apples (cut into small chunks)
1 celery rib (cut finely across the rib)
¼ cup walnuts or pecans (coarsely chopped)
¼ cup raisins

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and serve.


Rhonda’s Apple Salad Dressing

A perfect complement to Rhonda's Delightful Apple Salad.

Ingredients

½ cup organic apple juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp raw unfiltered honey
¼ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
Pinch of paprika
Pinch of cayenne (optional)

Directions

Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine or in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake to mix well.

To make this a creamier dressing and to add flavor, add ¼ cup soaked walnuts or pecans to recipe and place in a Vita-Mix or other powerful blender and process until creamy.

Find more awesome vegan recipes on:
http://www.hacres.com/recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment