About Me

My photo
I homeschool and have a health ministry for friends, family, and health lovers world-wide. I'm totally into all-natural and avoid chemicals, food additives, etc. even in my cosmetics. I am working toward eating Vegan, Organic, and raw as much as possible (my family too). I'm married, and have two small kids and two grown step kids. Optimal Health - God's Way ".....and the fruit thereof shall be for meat (FOOD), and the leaf for MEDICINE." Ezekiel 47:12 KJV

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Savory Green Smoothie recipe


My hubby whipped this up for me one day....I've been hooked ever since.  I had attempted to make my own version of this before from a recipe I found, but it wasn't quite as good as his. I'm actually having a hard time going to back to sweet green smoothies.
Enjoy!
Miriam

Savory Green Smoothie recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups organic baby spinach, kale, or mixed greens
1 ripe tomato
1/2 yellow squash or zucchini or both (preferrably organic and with skin on)
1 TBS organic lemon juice
1 or 2 pinches of cayenne pepper powder
1 pinch of turmeric powder
a few generous pinches of pink himalayan sea salt to taste
5 ice cubes
purified water (just enough to make a total of 4 cups worth of smoothie)

Directions:
Put all ingredients into blender (preferrably a BlendTec or Vitamix).
Put the water in last so you can tell how much you need to get the mixture to the 4 cup line.
Select smoothie button or if using a regular blender just blend until smooth.

In the future, play around with the veggies. Try to vary it each day and get a mixture of colors. I'm not a celery fan, but sometimes I add celery. Cucumber is another good one here. I may even play around with red or orange peppers in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment